Sunday, August 31, 2008

Someone should bring a radio around with tracks to add to atmosphere while playing competitions. My plan while playing SF is to play the Temeka soundtrack (youtube it if you don't know what I'm talking about) every time I enter a battle and have all my enemies freeze in laughter at the epic fail that I unleash.

30 minutes to write and I still have dinner to take. But lest I forget...

Today Shawn asks me when I'm going to move on.

i.e. quit DotA.

See, 1 year ago, I would have thought that I wouldn't exactly be in any position by this time to actually get anywhere near top 4 in any competition in DotA. Then again, my policy when it comes to planning has always been to plan 3 months in advance and never ever more, because anything you plan more than 3 months into the future, in all likelihood, will never happen.

Upon conscription I had almost wanted to join with a bunch of people that I never knew before - Isaac, some ex-GG[U] people, etc. and I think the name Purify- came up too. The whole purpose was to just be part of some team where I wouldn't be pressured and could just play for fun. At that point in time I had no idea how much time I could dedicate to playing and was pretty happy that I could join a team with basically no promised commitment at all. For that much and for letting me go after I was almost forming a team, I do give Isaac some respect.

Then, in my own words, an offer came by that was too good to resist. "Ice, LuX, NutZ, MusiCa, Ant". It didn't really worked out as planned, with me still being unable to offer enough time to train. Cue many other complications, and I'm where I am now.

I did plan to move on, really, but things don't work out as planned, and I find that spending weekends on DotA actually isn't such a bad thing, since I'm lucky enough to have around 48 hours out on my weekends. I still have university applications, driving, SATs to do though... so who knows when I'll decide it's time to stop being a teenager and move on...

I mean, with many of my classmates etc. (which I still meet on weekends) having barely 24 hours a bookout, I do have to spend some time with something mildly productive :D. And DotA is productive when you're somewhere nearer to the top... or when you're having fun :D

And of course, if your classmates play DotA, you get the added benefit of joining Summerfury with them now :D

Oh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY NUTZ.

Wow. It's very blog-ish now. I think I'll move back to talking about DotA instead of talking about myself after this. This week just has been one that I feel good to unleash any unsettled emotions I have onto this blog.

I'm more or less detached from Zenith anyway so why am I using this site T_T... must be for the audience!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

stop being bitter and move on

in dota when you fall, you fall forever it is inevitable

Anonymous said...

Ant thrash talk too much... Serious

Anonymous said...

Yes he can fall, but he will come back again noob anonymous!